Compères applications are now closed.
Successful applicants will be notified by late-March 2019.
Every year, Fairbridge Festival welcomes around 25 compères to host individual concerts within the event.
Some of our regular compères will be returning, and we welcome new expressions of interest from others keen to contribute. We’re particularly interested in younger people suitable for compering Backlot, our youth focus stage.
You need to meet the following criteria:
- Be already residing in Australia
- Have experience onstage: as a compère, performer or public speaker
- The ability to reliably communicate by email, and to provide a reliable mobile phone number
- The willingness to comply with the values of the Fairbridge Festival organisation in positively promoting all volunteers, performers, sponsors and supporters
- The ability to transport yourself to and from the festival, to supply your own camping gear or alternatively organise your own accommodation
- Once the schedule has been set and emailed to you, it will be agreed upon by both parties, and you’ll be committed to fulfil the schedule. This is confirmed by you accepting the emailed itinerary as instructed. The only exemptions to this will be for illness, or an inability to attend the festival.
Compères must be available to host approximately 10-hours of on-stage performance time. You may indicate a time, venue or musical style preference, which we will try to accommodate.
In exchange for your compering services, you will receive:
- One adult festival with camping ticket.
- You are also entitled to purchase up to one adult partner and two under 18 festival tickets at early-bird rates.
The festival will not pay you directly, nor reimburse costs involved with getting to and from the event, or accommodation costs should you wish to organise your own.
Once you have been accepted as a compère, you will be covered by the festival’s public liability insurance policy.
In the meantime, please do not purchase tickets and camping.
Please contact Ros Barnes email@example.com