Do you have previous stage or performing experience, an affinity with a microphone, and the ability to pronounce some often difficult names?
Expressions of interest are now being sought for compere positions for the 2017 festival.
Application for comperes 2017
Every year, Fairbridge Festival welcomes approximately 20 comperes to host individual concerts within the event.
Some of our regular comperes will be returning, and we welcome new expressions of interest from others keen to contribute.
You need to meet the following criteria:
- Be already resident in Australia
- Have experience onstage: as a compere, performer or public speaker
- The ability to reliably communicate by email, and to provide a reliable mobile phone number
- The willingness to comply with the values of the Fairbridge Festival organisation in positively promoting all volunteers, performers, sponsors and supporters
- The ability to transport yourself to and from the festival, to supply your own camping gear or alternatively organise your own accommodation
- Once the schedule has been set and emailed to you, it will be agreed upon by both parties, and you will be committed to fulfil the schedule. The only exemptions to this will be for illness, or an inability to attend the festival.
Comperes must be available to host approximately 10-hours of on-stage performance time. You may indicate a time, venue or musical style preference, which we will try to accommodate.
In exchange for your compering services, you will receive:
1 x complimentary weekend festival pass with artist camping for yourself. You may purchase extra tickets for partner and/or family at the early bird rate. Please phone the festival office on 9246 3311 before 10 April 2017 to complete this.
The festival will not pay you directly, nor reimburse costs involved with getting to and from the event, or accommodation costs should you wish to organise your own.
Once you have been accepted as a compere, you will be covered by the festival’s public liability instance policy.
Successful applicants for compering will be notified in mid-march 2017.
In the meantime, please do not purchase tickets and camping.