Volunteering for Fairbridge Festival gives you the chance to contribute to, and be an integral part of, the success of one of Australia’s leading cultural events. Along with the satisfaction of knowing this, you also get to be part of a great team! Volunteering also gives you the opportunity to learn new skills in a fun environment where you get to work with like-minded individuals, all in a vibrant festival community.
Who can volunteer?
- Volunteers in most areas must be over 18 years of age. Minimum qualifications are a smile and good sense of humour! Being proactive, having a commitment to getting the job done, showing initiative and enthusiasm to muck in at a moment’s notice are also greatly appreciated qualities.
- Parents of children over 14 are invited to contact the Volunteer Manager to ask about the limited number of volunteer positions we have available for young people.
- Youth volunteers must have an adult guardian also attending the festival.
What can I do?
There are opportunities in all facets of the festival, including:
- site setup and break down
- entry / gate team and campsite monitors
- stage management
- festival shop
- resource recovery and waste management
- table clearing
- artist services and hospitality
- youth and children’s festival
- raffle ticket selling
See Volunteer job descriptions for a more detailed list of the various jobs available.
See Working as a volunteer for full information about what we ask you to do.
If you need to know more information about any of the volunteer roles, please email our Volunteer Manager, Gareth at email@example.com and he will direct your enquiry to the relevant area manager.