Fairbridge Festival is presented by FolkWorld Inc.
FolkWorld Inc. is a member-based, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting traditional, contemporary and multi-cultural folk, world and roots music, dance and related arts with a particular focus on family audiences. Its members share a common love of acoustic music, dance, culture and festivals, and have committed time and expertise to working on Fairbridge Festival or its associated events.
FOLKWORLD INC. exists to produce a world-class family music festival.
To be widely regarded as one of the leading music festival providers in Australia.
- ACCESS & INCLUSIVITY in all aspects of our organisation
- INTEGRITY & RESPECT: we are all accountable for our work and actions
- CREATIVITY & INSPIRATION: we are fuelled by creative expression and exploration
- COMMUNITY & TOGETHERNESS: we welcome families and communities in every and any form
- QUALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: always seeking to improve our offering, systems, outcomes, and outputs
We aim to inspire and delight our audiences from the young to the young at heart!
The organisation is stewarded by a Board of Management elected by the membership.
An elected board of management oversees and strategically guides FolkWorld Inc.’s operations. A professional management team is employed to run the operations while the artistic content is selected by an Artistic Director. The activities are rounded out by a strong team of volunteers, comprising some thirty divisional directors and a broader network of up to 350 individuals each year.
The name FolkWorld Inc. was incorporated on 1 November 2011. Prior to that the incorporated name was Fairbridge Festival Inc.
Annual General Meeting
The next Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the members of FolkWorld Inc. is happening on Sunday, 26 February 2023.
Click here for more infomation.
- 2021-22 Folkworld Inc annual report
- 2020-21 Folkworld Inc annual report
- 2019-20 Folkworld Inc annual report
- 2018-19 FolkWorld Inc. annual report
- 2017-18 FolkWorld Inc. annual report
- 2016-17 FolkWorld Inc. annual report
- 2015-16 FolkWorld Inc. annual report