Building Better Regions Commonwealth Funding Grant
Regional Cultural Development Project
FolkWorld Inc. has been awarded funding from the Building Better Regions Fund (Department of Industry, Innovation and Science) to invite selected artists, artisans and producers from our own Peel region and beyond to participate in the 2019 Fairbridge Festival.
The aim of the project is to strengthen our relationship with the Peel community, to connect with our neighbours and include those from other regions so that we can showcase a fusion of talent from across WA.
The project aims to:
- lift the visual aesthetic of the festival by incorporating some stunning site decoration provided by regional artists;
- introduce a regional art, craft and product precinct;
- highlight local talent in dance and street performances;
- add regional flair and artistry to the children’s and youth activities; and
- provide more opportunities for emerging musical talent to be a part of the event (through increased Act-Belong-Commit Fairbridge Festival Quest workshops in the regions)
Selected artists will have the opportunity to be included in the Fairbridge Festival tradition – a world-class family music festival that has become part of Western Australia’s cultural identity.
FolkWorld Inc. is excited to be able to extend this invitation to our WA regional communities. We look forward to welcoming these artists to our festival and building our impact in the Peel region.
Sculpture Installation Competition
FolkWorldInc. have taken on an exciting new initiative for its 2019 Fairbridge Festival under the Regional Cultural Development Project.
We’re giving all Peel region creatives, in any form of practice, the opportunity to create and exhibit a sculpture installation, which will be positioned around the festival’s site to make a grand statement.
The winning artist will receive a prize of $1,000 plus acquisition by Fairbridge Festival for future exposure.