Every year, Fairbridge Festival welcomes about 25 comperes to host individual concerts within the event. Applications close 28 February 2018 and you will be advised by no later than 15 March whether you are successful of not.
Some of our regular comperes will be returning, and we welcome new expressions of interest from others keen to contribute.
We are particularly interested in younger people suitable for compering Backlot, our youth focus stage.
You need to meet the following criteria:
- be already residing in Australia
- have experience onstage: as a compere, performer or public speaker
- the ability to reliably communicate by email, and to provide a reliable mobile phone number
- the willingness to comply with the values of the Fairbridge Festival organisation in positively promoting all volunteers, performers, sponsors and supporters
- the ability to transport yourself to and from the festival, to supply your own camping gear or alternatively organise your own accommodation
- once the schedule has been set and emailed to you, it will be agreed upon by both parties, and you will be committed to fulfil the schedule. This is confirmed by you accepting the emailed itinerary as instructed. The only exemptions to this will be for illness, or an inability to attend the festival.
Comperes must be available to host approximately 10-hours of on-stage performance time. You may indicate a time, venue or musical style preference, which we will try to accommodate.
In exchange for your compering services, you will receive: 1 x complimentary festival with artist camping ticket for yourself. You may purchase extra tickets (limits apply) for a partner and/or child under 18yrs at the early bird rate. Your ticket order and extras (if required) are processed via a PayPal link that will be emailed to you on acceptance of your itinerary.
The festival will not pay you directly, nor reimburse costs involved with getting to and from the event, or accommodation costs should you wish to organise your own.
Once you have been accepted as a compere, you will be covered by the festival’s public liability insurance policy.
Successful applicants for compering will be notified by 15 March 2018.
In the meantime, please do not purchase tickets and camping.