FAQS FOR FAIRBRIDGE FESTIVAL 2024
Here are some answers to those burning questions you may have.
When will Fairbridge Festival 2024 be held?
FolkWorld is holding Fairbridge Festival from 5-7 April 2024, the weekend after Easter.
Where will Fairbridge Festival 2024 be held?
Fairbridge will be held in a new location in 2024 – the Edenvale Heritage Precinct on the fringe of Pinjarra, a charming setting that keeps the historic feel of the event.
More details will be released soon.
Will there still be camping available?
Yes! A beautiful, rural camping area is being planned for us to share time together. Feedback from participants shows the shared camping experience is one of the highlights of our festival and draws people back year after year. Tents, campervans, camper trailers and caravans are all welcome! If you don’t have your own gear, or you would like to add some extra comfort to your Fairbridge Festival experience, our crowd favourites: Glamping and Cosy Camping options are still available. Please note that all sites are unpowered.
How accessible is the new site?
We understand that accessibility can impact on attendees’ abilities to take part in festivals, no matter where they are held and there are a wide range of considerations. The FolkWorld team is dedicated to making the festival as accessible as possible. If you are a service provider in this area and are keen to help us with our mission, please get in touch via email@example.com
Can I use public transport to get to the Fairbridge Festival 2024 location?
Yes, you can! The new site is less than an hour’s drive from Perth and Bunbury. Trains run from Perth to Mandurah and buses from Mandurah to Pinjarra. Note: there is no bus service from Mandurah to Pinjarra on Saturday or Sunday, but they do run Mon-Fri so perfect to arrive Friday and head home on Monday! More information about public transport can be found at Australind Rail Service and Transperth Bus Service.
As part of our sustainability focus, we encourage you to use public transport or carpool where possible.
How can I volunteer?
At Fairbridge Festival, we believe volunteering is a great way to get involved and our volunteers are a huge part of making the festival so special! Not only does volunteering bring a sense of community, it provides behind-the-scenes insights, and offers unique skill-building opportunities. Our volunteers are also offered a discounted volunteer ticket on sign up which gives access to the whole festival and camping (BYO gear). You’ll also receive a fabulous t-shirt and other benefits just for being part of the team. Youth volunteers (14-17) are also welcome but limited spaces are available, and they must have adult supervision so it’s a great way to get the whole family involved!
Applications for 2024 volunteers open November 2023.
Will Fairbridge Festival be the same, or should I expect something different?
While this is an exciting opportunity to refresh and reinvigorate Fairbridge Festival, our focus is to retain the unique combination of community essence, traditions and innovation for which we are known for. From folk, world and roots music performances to interactive workshops and everything that makes this event special, you can expect the same warmth and authenticity that have been our hallmarks for years. There’s even a beautiful little chapel! We are dedicated to showcasing the best local and international folk and world music while ensuring we are family-friendly focussed.
The Fairbridge Festival experience will have the best of the past with eyes firmly on the future.
Why the change in location after 30 years?
As shared in our announcement in November 2022, Fairbridge WA, the managing organisation of the Fairbridge Village, decided it could only hire the site for small-scale events due to its ageing infrastructure. FolkWorld wanted to continue delivering the event that our festival-goers know and love and undertook a comprehensive search for a new location. The Shire of Murray’s proposal was selected from a competitive field.
We are delighted we found a great spot so nearby and to be welcomed by the Shire of Murray with local support in putting on the festival!
Will there be changes in festival dates or duration?
The 2024 festival will run from 5-7 April, which still spans the familiar dates of the weekend following Easter. The duration ensures festival-goers have ample time to be immersed in the festivities.
How is the community of Pinjarra involved?
FolkWorld Inc. and the Shire of Murray are jointly working with local community groups and businesses to create a family-friendly event that invites community involvement. Over the decades, FolkWorld has sought ways to engage the Pinjarra community and is excited that this new location presents greater opportunities for collaboration.
When do tickets go on sale and how much are they?
Tickets go on sale late 2023.Please note that as a not-for-profit organisation, the team is mindful of the rising financial realities everyone is facing. We are dedicated to bringing you our world-class experience at the best possible price.
Is the festival suited to children?
Yes! Fairbridge Festival remains the same family-friendly, magical event that is loved by the young and the young at heart. We have a selection of programs to keep the kids entertained – from arts-and-crafts at the Paper, Scissors, Rock tent to the Seedbox chill-out space, there really is something for everyone.
How can I apply for my Market Stall or Food Truck at the festival?
Applications for all market and food vendors will be on our website in November this year. Sign up for our e-newsletter here Include link to sign up so you’ll be the first to know when this happens.
How can I stay updated on further details?
Stay connected with us through our official website, social media channels, and newsletters. We’ll be sharing more information about line-up announcements, workshops, tickets, and all the exciting details you won’t want to miss. Follow us via our website. Facebook and Instagram to be the first to hear the news.
Shire of Murray Residents – additional FAQ’s
What are the benefits of Pinjarra hosting the Fairbridge Festival?
Events are a growing form of tourism delivering positive economic, social, cultural and environmental outcomes for regional communities. The Fairbridge Festival will both raise Pinjarra’s profile for artists and music lovers around the globe and provide an opportunity for local communities to participate or volunteer close to home.
Who can I contact regarding the event if I have any concerns?
If you have any questions that are not covered here, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can.
How can I be involved?
If you’re a local business interested in participating in the 2024 Fairbridge Festival, we welcome your involvement and offer a variety of ways for you to contribute:
- Become a Market or Food truck Vendor:
As a vendor, you can showcase your products or services to our audience. If you’re interested in setting up a space, we encourage you to apply through our official vendor application process when they open later in the year.
- Collaborate and Share Ideas: We believe in the power of collaboration. If you have unique ideas or concepts that align with the spirit of the Fairbridge Festival, we’d love to hear from you. Send us an email at email@example.com￼ and share your thoughts.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Consider becoming a festival sponsor and gain prominent exposure. Our sponsorship packages offer various levels of visibility for your business, allowing you to connect with a diverse audience.
- Food and Beverage Partnerships: If you’re local and in the food and beverage industry, we invite you to contact us with your ideas of how you can add to the vibrant festival atmosphere.
- Supporting Local Communities:
At Fairbridge Festival, we have a strong commitment to supporting local businesses and communities. We recognise the value you bring, and we’re excited to explore how your participation can enhance the festival experience for all. Your involvement not only enriches the festival but also contributes to the growth of the local economy and community spirit.
If you’d like more details or have specific questions about any of these opportunities, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Artists, Workshop Facilitators, Entertainers
FolkWorld Inc., the team behind Fairbridge Festival, extends a warm invitation to artists, workshop facilitators, and entertainers to join us in creating a vibrant and diverse event. We value the unique talents within the Shire of Murray and beyond and are dedicated to providing a platform that celebrates creativity in all its forms.
- Apply Online: When our online applications open, we encourage you to apply to become part of the Fairbridge Festival lineup. Whether you’re an artist, workshop facilitator, or entertainer, your contribution adds depth and richness to the festival experience.
- Celebrating Diversity: We take pride in the cultural diversity that thrives within the Shire of Murray. Our festival aims to actively contribute to this richness by showcasing the incredible talent and diversity present in this beautiful community.
- Showcasing Local Talent: Fairbridge Festival is not just an event; it’s a canvas for local artists like you to shine. Your unique perspective, skills, and performances play a pivotal role in creating a memorable and enriching experience for festival-goers.
- Art Installation: We are excited to introduce an art installation opportunity for artists who wish to bring their innovative ideas to life through interactive installations. This provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the festival’s visual appeal and create an immersive atmosphere.
Local community, sporting and not for profit groups
FolkWorld is a not-for-profit organisation, and we fully understand that landscape. Our festival is keen to hear from local groups who’d like to get involved. Whether you’re a local sports team, Lions Club, or knitting circle, we’re listening!
Please get in touch at email@example.com. We’d love to hear about any ideas that will make a positive impact at the event and at the same time help you reach your goals.
Volunteering – Why Volunteer with Us?
- Local Community Connection: Join your fellow residents in a dynamic community that values collaboration, creativity, and the joy of giving back.
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere: Our festival embodies the essence of inclusivity and community bonds, where every volunteer becomes an integral member of our team.
- Crafting a Welcoming Environment: Your dedication as a volunteer directly contributes to shaping a warm and inviting atmosphere that resonates with our local community.
- We’d love your involvement in making Fairbridge Festival a cherished annual tradition that reflects the heart and soul of our local residents. Join us on this wonderful journey as we create unforgettable memories together.
Volunteer Applications open via the festival website in November. Mark your calendar to be part of the behind-the-scenes magic. Your involvement as a volunteer is instrumental in bringing the festival to life. Whether you’re interested in event setup/pack down, ticketing, assisting artists, helping with stage management, in the children’s/youth area, at the merchandise shop or joining our photography/videography team, your role helps ensure the success of Fairbridge Festival.